Lufthansa denver to munich flight status
Burning Miles & Points
2015.01.07 22:08 araaara Burning Miles & Points
A place to discuss anything related to redeeming airline miles & hotel points.
2023.05.30 00:08 NixNoxKnight First year out of college, not sure what (if any) cards I should add
Current cards: (list cards, limits, opening date)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred, 5k, 2/23
- Amex Platinum, ?, 5/23 (only got this for the 150k SUB, will prob cancel next year)
- Discover It, 1.2k, 8/20
FICO Score: 769
Oldest account age: ~3 years
Chase 5/24 status: 2/24
Average monthly spend and categories: dining $600 (fluctuates, might be lower going forward but idk), groceries: $500 I've currently budgeted 10k for travel across the next year, but this is my first year out of college so I don't really know if any of these are long-term accurate estimates. Additionally, I'm also anticipating a decent bit of UbeLyft spending (maybe like 200/month) since I don't have a car in the new place and public transit isn't ideal for some things I want to do.
Open to Business Cards: No
What's the purpose of your next card? Travel or general savings (probably mostly domestic flying but potentially some international); I don't really care that much about luxury travel/business class seating on flights which I know is where most of the redemption value tends to be - trying to optimize for economy value, so I don't know if just a general cashback card is better for that.
Do you have any cards you've been looking at? - BILT (apartment complex is partnered), VentureX/Venture, CFU, Amazon Visa (spend a good bit on Amazon already)
Are you OK with category spending or do you want a general spending card?
-Prefer general spending but if I can get high value out of a category card I'd use it.
submitted by NixNoxKnight
to CreditCards [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 23:07 footfetishnightmares Do I need my toenails removed? I model full time--very anxious, please help!
Pics linked below! 33F, 5'5", 108lbs, white; CC: painful, swollen, red, oozing big toes bilaterally (please see timeline below). No major medical issues, no meds, do not drink, smoke, or use recreational drugs. USA. Podiatrist recommending removal. Second opinion?
Background: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am extremely anxious about the possibility of having both my big toenails removed. Some background info: I danced for two decades and played many sports, which caused problems with ingrowns on my big toenails all of my life. As an adult I am very active and love to wear high heels so they have continued to be a problem. In the last year I found a nail tech who I trust (cleanliness, gentleness, etc.) with my feet and only have pedicures done by her. Typically I leave with my big toes a little bit red, but more comfortable with continued improvement in the days following. In general I only occasionally have issues with the left big toe, but almost always have at least minor issues with the right. After my last pedicure I attended a music festival and was on my feet walking and dancing much more than usual. I did wear shoes I have worn before and not had any issues with. Unfortunately, my toes really took a beating and swelled up more than they ever have before, to the point where I made my first ever podiatry appt (5/26/23; please see details in timeline below). I was also already on antibiotics for a dental procedure, which made the level of inflammation especially concerning. The podiatrist recommended removal of the left toenail, citing that it was loose at the base and unlikely to improve on its own. He also diagnosed a granuloma on the right, and said a portion should be removed permanently.
To say I am freaking out is an understatement. Of course I want to do what is best for my health. I have always been self conscious of my toes, so the anxiety and distress this is causing me mentally is significant. More importantly, I model full time professionally, so having pretty feet is a requirement of the job and this will impact my ability to provide for myself. In addition, I will be traveling all of June (lots of walking, beach & pool time).
- What is the best course of action?
- Should I obtain a second opinion?
- What course of outcome should I expect if I proceed conservatively and hold off on removal?
- Should I continue with this routine (see below for details)?
- How should I handle traveling--footwear, protection, etc.?
- If I must proceed with removal, are there any cosmetic solutions? (This isn't just me being vain here, I need nice feet to protect my job).
Timeline (detailed pics by date below; comparison summary pics here: https://imgur.com/jXEunkp
- pedicure at usual place, big toes slightly red bilaterally
- no change (improvement or worsening) over next few days
- start Amoxicillin 500mg 3x daily for dental procedure (21)
- pedicure at usual place, come in with both big toes slightly red and tender, leave with them feeling a bit better
- 2.5 hour flight, music festival night 1, wore comfortable shoes with insoles
- toes no worse or better than day before
- wake up to both big toes and feet a bit swollen but not too painful
- clean, apply polysporin and sterile bandage
- music festival night 2, wore comfortable shoes, drunk girl stomps on my feet
- both big toes swollen, red, angry, warm, and oozing
- cleaned & dressed as night before
- fly back 2.5 hours wearing open toed slides
- 5/23/23 -- pics: https://imgur.com/ldKpTOM
- wake up to left toe extremely swollen, send pics to podiatrist friend for consult; begin following care routine (2-3x/day):
- 10-15 minute warm water soak with pure epsom salt
- wash with bactine and vashe
- dry, then apply polysporin
- bandage loosely with sterile gauze and self adherent wrap
- elevate with 10 minutes ice pack per hour for 2-3 hours per day
- wear loose surgical socks over fresh bandages at night
- open-toed slides for daytime (but staying off feet as much as possible
- toes look slightly improved, continue routine
- left toe hot to the touch, freaking out so finally make podiatry appt
- continue routine
- itchy rash appears on shins that night
- 5/26/23 -- pics: https://imgur.com/2ThAOve
- recommended discontinuation of Amoxicillin (5 remaining in course)
- see podiatrist, diagnoses granuloma on right from repeated ingrown irritation; recommends left nail removal as nail base is loose and right toe nail portion for permanent removal
- ask if we can wait, he prescribes Cephalexin 500mg 2x daily (20), follow-up after completion
- 5/27/23 -- pics: https://imgur.com/RUqcIpq
- continue routine, toes continue to improve
- left toe swelling finally goes down, release of fluid by apply slight pressure to top surface
- friends dog stomps on right toe, swollen area gets bigger and weepy
- continue routine, toes continue to improve
- rash becomes extremely itchy, start Benadryl
- 5/29/23 -- pics: https://imgur.com/YAgmnCs
- continue routine, toes continue to improve
- no pain (unless pressure applied directly to granuloma area on right toe)
- can walk normally
- neither toe hot or warm to touch
- left toenail still slightly loose at base (only slightly so), but significantly improved
- current status of shin rash: https://imgur.com/sM2Jtkv
- start Fluconazole 150mg (1x) for yeast infection due to antibiotics
A few notes: toenail polish is gel, and removal will cause further trauma to the nails, hence why I have left it (vs. removing it to get a better view of the natural nails).
submitted by footfetishnightmares
to AskDocs [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:44 Alpha_King007 Do the Heat get good deals on court side Finals tickets?
2023.05.29 22:35 Anonymous7670 Miami Heat has already booked a flight to Denver to fly out to after Game 7. Now that’s confidence 🔥
2023.05.29 22:07 GreyJediBageutte7 CA-KY layover holidays question
I live in San Diego and my parents have recently moved to a small town in KY, with the nearest airport being Lexington “Blue Grass Airport” which is about 90 minutes away itself. Other nearby airports would be Knoxville, Louisville, Nashville and the furthest and dumbest choice being Cincinnati. The prices are only ever so slightly cheaper at the airports other than Lexington, sometimes as low as a $50 difference, yet adding a minimum of an hour of driving time. Therefore I wanna stick to flying into Lexington. There’s not a lot of selection for airlines. Southwest doesn’t go to blue grass at all, and the only “cheap” airline is Allegiant which would only have Vegas as a layover, and might not even fly on the same day. That leaves the big three to choose from. Delta almost doesn’t show up in the results, costs more and I don’t have good memories from when I’ve previously flown on them. United charges nearly double what American would in theory.
Now supposedly starting in September United Express will fly from Denver all the way to Lexington. I’m not sure if this will bring United’s prices down a bit, or do nothing and it would be a horrible flight in December on a tiny plane. Almost all the regular flights are either American (both full and Eagle) thru DFW, or Chicago, and United thru Chicago. I’ve heard nothing but horror stories about O’hare, and being December I’m afraid of being canceled for weather reasons. It’s been over 10 years since I’ve had a layover in DFW, and it was bad back then, but that was including customs coming back from London and having to recheck bags and such. I recently flew on both United and American and the service on American has improved dramatically, while United flight attendants are still as unfriendly as ever. The problem with the DFW option, is the layovers are all really short, 40 minutes each way. I pretty much know everyone will say that’s not nearly enough time especially around the holidays and almost certainly having to change terminals.
I know it’s not even quite June yet, but the prices are already high, my parents are desperate for a visit, and my budget isn’t the greatest, and I wanna avoid missing a connection and avoid weather delays as much as possible. There’s not many American options for Chicago, unless I pay a lot more, same for Charlotte I believe. Almost all options are tight connections in DFW, or United thru O’hare. Not sure which poison to pick.
submitted by GreyJediBageutte7
to travel [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:01 TRANSEXUAL_FOR_EVER Where do you focus your credit card spend?
How do you focus your credit card spend?
I currently have all Chase cards, and recently got the Citi AAdvantage card (that gives you admirals club access.)
I have a business that spends about 10,000 on credit cards monthly, and then also spends about 14,000 monthly on direct draft things that I think I can change to mailed checks via Plastiq.
I personally use credit cards a lot.
My question … how do you focus your spend? I was going to try to divert about $12,000/month to AAdvantage so that I can get miles and status. However the status with AA doesn’t seem amazing. After enough spend I can get free extra leg room seats if they exist and the occasional first class upgrade if it’s available. I never check bags, and if I ever did it’s so I frequent the $35 or whatever wouldn’t bother me.
Honestly the Citi AAdvantage credit card I got fixed my flying issues - Admirals club is great, and group 4 boarding at a minimum. That gets me on the plane and comfortable and storage for my carry on.
I know platinum, etc, gets me on the plane a little earlier which I value. And having miles to spend on trips is great. My booking of trips is always random and not based around holidays.
But I also want to focus on hotels, but have no currently loyalty at all. And sometimes the best hotels aren’t in a group. Like the Ludlow in NYC has these insane skybox rooms with like 270’ of floor to ceiling windows with ridiculous NYC views but I don’t think it’s part of any group.
Where I live is a small airport that has United and AA only, and both flights are about the same length and both flights goto one of their biggest hubs. So I only fly to one of those two hubs and then fly out from there.
I noticed anecdotally I tend to end up on American flights more than United. I think it’s because of earlier departures for American.
For hotels, I just considered not doing any spend there and just doing the Hilton card that gets you diamond status and be done with it.
My question - how do you figure out how to direct all your spend between credit card points, flights, and hotels?
submitted by TRANSEXUAL_FOR_EVER
to CreditCards [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:58 MutedArugula4 Lounge options at CDG?
Flying Polaris ORD to FRA, then connect Lufthansa economy to CDG. My layover at Frankfurt is not long—thoughts on whether I can get into Star Alliance lounge at CDG when I land to shower? (My status is Platinum/Star Alliance Gold) Thanks!
submitted by MutedArugula4
to unitedairlines [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:38 HoagieTwoFace Actually the Heat did book a flight to Denver.
2023.05.29 21:36 doctor_mac12 Chemical Engineer & Mechanical Engineer, Arvin Ash, on Bob Lazar
| || | submitted by doctor_mac12 to aliens [link] [comments]
Pinned Comment by Arvin Ash:
Carl Sagan said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.". Mr. Lazar makes extraordinary claims with ZERO evidence. Out of respect for our intellect, we should demand at least some, if not extraordinary, evidence. But if you want more specifics of his falsehoods, here are some:
1) Objection to "wormhole" idea: Yes, he didn't say it, but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt by looking at his ideas within the context of plausible physics. Otherwise, if you take what he says at face value, it would be complete non-scientific nonsense. You can replace everywhere I say "wormhole" with "warp drive" if you want, it wouldn't change much. BOTH involve folding space-time to get from point A to point B - that is the the way a faster than light warp drive would work. This would still require not only huge amounts of energy, but also NEGATIVE energy, which probably doesn't exist. You can't just point some kind of negative "gravity emitter" (as Mr. Lazar describes) in a direction of your choosing and start going faster than light. There is no such thing as "emitting gravity." You have to manipulate space-time. Negative gravity does NOT come from antimatter. 2) Element 115, while it may have been exotic in 1989, is certainly not exotic matter. It has been synthesized. It's just ordinary matter. There is nothing exotic about it, and its isotopes are not exotic either. There is no way you can get negative gravity from element 115, period. You also cannot get antimatter from 115. Whenever you create antimatter, you also create an equal amount of matter. That's the way physics works. You cannot extract energy from 115 or any element by simply extracting antimatter from it. This is fundamental physics. It is quite surprising to hear this mistaken notion from a self-proclaimed physicist, like Mr. Lazar.
Here is more from viewer Rombert Dillahuntsvalle, who has looked into this extensively: A) THE HAND SCANNER: - the hand-scanner: many of his fans point to the hand-scanner that Lazar talks about that, to them, "proves he worked at S4". This device was already publicly available knowledge by the early 1970s. It appears in electronics catalogs of the time, such as this July 1973 issue of Radio-Electronics: https://www.reddit.com/JoeRogan/comments/c657pw/close_encounters_of_the_third_kind_have_the_same/
The device also appeared in the 1977 film "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".
B) LAZAR CLAIMS THAT "IT MAKES NO SENSE": - he himself, despite being a "physicist", says in the Jeremy Corbell film, "This makes NO sense" when referring to the alien ship's workability, but ensures us that "it does work." In other words, his claims can't be distinguished from nonsense, and we just have to take his word for it. As long as what he says "sounds scientific" to the scientifically uninitiated, many people will believe him. But he presents ZERO evidence to back up his extraordinary claims. If you don't know how it works, a scientist would still give us some data such as temperatures measured, equivalent thrust, forces measured, etc. Was Mr. Lazar hired to simply gawk at the machine? C) S4 DOESN'T EXIST: He talks about an "S4" facility at Papoose Dry Lake where "nine flying saucers were kept" - except that no such facility actually exists. Civilian overflights near the lake have reported no base "dug into the side of the mountain." D) DUBIOUS EDUCATION CLAIMS: - Lazar's credentials from prestigious institutions are oddly uncorroborated with ANY certificates, documents, papers, momentos, year book mentions, photos with colleagues, graduation gowns, letters of congratulations, colleagues vouching for him, or draft or final copies of his theses - documents that should be in his own possession. In addition, Mr. Lazar remembers none of his academic advisors, and no students remember him. No PhD physicist forgets the name of his advisor or his thesis. The govt. apparently not only wiped out his records, but also his memory and the memories of hundreds of students and staff!! E) NO DETAILS: Mr. Lazar can't provide any quantitative results from his "work" on the "craft"; no figures and numbers for anything relating to the physics of the object and its engine, except for some sketchy dimensions of the craft that anybody could invent. For the stuff that would really matter to a physicist: no numbers given for the "electrical load" needed to activate the engine; no numbers given for the weight of the craft; no numbers given for the ratio of materials in its hull; no numbers given for the temperature of the engine; no numbers given for the strength of the gravitational field it generated; no numbers given for the amount of energy it produced; no numbers given for the frequency and energy level of the radio waves used during the test flight; no details about how it was really controlled. Isn't he supposed to be a "physicist"? Was he just hired to gawk at the craft? F) NO DETAILS on the MAGICAL ISOTOPE of ELEMENT 115: Mr. Lazar can't tell us what the stable isotope of element 115 that he "worked on" at "S4" is. Isn't he supposed to be the one who "figured out" that it was element 115? Yet the isotope escapes him? Element 115 had been known and talked about since the 70's. Here's one from 1973 mentioning it multiple times: Seaborg, G. (1973). STATUS REPORT ON THE TRANSURANIUM ELEMENTS. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. https://cloudfront.escholarship.org/dist/prd/content/qt0291s82q/qt0291s82q.pdf
G) PATTERN of BEHAVIOR: Mr. has a long association with UFO fanatics like John Lear, who introduced him to the Billy Meier mythos BEFORE he came out with his "S4" story. The Meier saucer is virtually identical to the "sport model saucer" that Lazar claims he was assigned to. Lazar himself says in an early interview that the sport model looks "strikingly similar" to the Meier saucer. So, in other words, we're supposed to believe that the "real" craft he JUST HAPPENED to be assigned to JUST HAPPENED to look virtually identical to one invented by the proven fraud and cult leader Meier who JUST HAPPENED to be defended and promoted by Lazar's buddy John Lear. H) NO SCIENTIFIC SCRUTINY ALLOWED: Mr. Lazar has never appeared in front of a single scientific committee to discuss his "knowledge", yet he claims that he "exposed" the "program" for the SAKE of the scientific community - but he DOES sell Area 51 sign posters and printed sketches of the "sport model" on his company's website. I) HE MADE NO MONEY? People claim that he's never made any money out of his story. But he has made money from the sale of the aforementioned "Lazar Tape" co-produced with Gene Huff; TV interviews with foreign networks; his consultation with the Testors Toy Model company and the model kit they produced for the "sport model saucer"; his current sale of Area 51 and "S4" related merchandise on his United Nuclear company's website, including signed prints of his "sport model" sketch: http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=86
. He now has an autobiography titled "Dream Land."
2023.05.29 21:10 Loneranger1310 Denmark Visa in Canada
Hello, I applied for Denmark Visa on May 3rd, 2023 at VFS Global in Ottawa, Canada. I was aware that the processing time for the visa is 15 days, However, on the day of my visa slot, the officer told me that it would take 3 weeks. 3 working weeks have passed and still I haven't gotten my passport. I have my Flight on June 10th, 2023. I tried contacting VFS but I think the IVR is glitched because it did not connect me to an agent and was just repeating the same options over and over again. I also tried sending them a mail, to which they replied after 1 week stating that "The status update has been extended". I really don't know what to do. Did anyone face the same issue? Please Helppp !!
submitted by Loneranger1310
to SchengenVisa [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:28 michimoby Anyone done a status match to Krisflyer?
I'll be taking a handful of flights on SQ the second half of the year. I'd like to see whether they'd match my Oneworld Sapphire/Alaska MVP Gold status.
Anyone had luck with this/steps you'd recommend?
submitted by michimoby
to travel [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:58 nvbhgfgh The impossible comeback: Can the Boston Celtics beat the Miami Heat and become the first team to crawl out of an 0-3 hole?
In the world of sport anything can happen: Tom Brady and the New England Patriots overcoming a 28-3 deficit against the Atlanta Falcons to win Super Bowl LI, Team USA beating Russia during the ‘Miracle on Ice’ or Buster Douglas knocking out the undefeated Mike Tyson.
Despite this, there is still one impossible task sport has yet to crack – a team overcoming an 0-3 deficit in a best-of-seven series in the NBA Playoffs.
In Game 7, the Boston Celtics have a chance to complete basketball’s mission impossible and become the first team to overcome the insurmountable deficit in 151 tries against the Miami Heat.
How to watch
The crucial Game 7 match-up will air on TNT with the game also available to streamed on the TNT app.
Tip-off is at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, May 29.
The record for teams looking to climb out of an 0-3 series hole currently stands at 0-150.
Many teams have tried, a few teams have gotten close, but ultimately all have failed in trying to achieve the comeback of all comebacks.
This Boston squad marks the fourth team to ever force a Game 7 following a 0-3 start to a series: the New York Knicks forced a Game 7 in the 1951 NBA Finals against the Rochester Royals, the Denver Nuggets pushed it to the brink in the 1994 Western Conference semis against the Utah Jazz and the Portland Trail Blazers almost made history in the 2003 Western Conference first round against the Dallas Mavericks.
Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart were sure not to let the numbers dissuade the Celtics from their goal of winning a ring.
“I feel very good about tonight. Don’t let us get one,” Smart warned the Heat before Game 4.
Teammate Jaylen Brown issued a similar line, adding, “Don’t let us get one. Don’t let us get tonight.”
“We have got some guys that don’t quit. We got some guys that have had a long road to get to this point,” said Heat star Jimmy Butler after Game 6. “So why give up now, you know? This is the stage that we are on. The stage is set. This is when the lights are the brightest, and my guys are going to show up.”
How we got here
Miami had to come through the Play-In tournament as the No. 8 seed but has not let its underdog status have any bearing on its impressive playoff run so far.
Erik Spoelstra’s team took down Giannis Antetokounmpo and the No. 1-seeded Milwaukee Bucks in the first round, before winning a war of attrition against the Knicks in the Eastern Conference semis.
Despite Boston’s impressive regular season record, the No. 2 seed has struggled throughout the postseason. It took the Celtics six games to get past the Atlanta Hawks and another seven to get through the Philadelphia 76ers.
This brought the Heat and the Celtics together in the Eastern Conference Finals. The series has been an incredible display of drama and tension with the momentum ebbing and flowing throughout.
The Heat raced to a 3-0 lead in the series thanks to incredible performances by Butler and the Miami supporting cast.
Butler has been one of the stars of the NBA postseason and continued this form during the early games of the series against the Celtics.
Missing Tyler Herro through injury meant that head coach Erik Spoelstra had to seek other alternatives to support his star man. Up stepped Gabe Vincent and Caleb Martin – who have come up big in clutch time and throughout the series.
submitted by nvbhgfgh
to nbaNews [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:51 CivilizedPsycho [Spoiler: FFXIV] A comprehensive list of all Final Fantasy IV references in Endwalker, from 6.0 to 6.4!
Final Fantasy IV is my favorite game of all time, so when they announced some things in this expansion would be based on FFIV, I was starstruck. As I played through Endwalker, I tried to take note of any reference I could find. If I missed any, please let me know! General:
Tower of Zot:
- Lunar Whale Mount (Digital FanFest/Mogstation), which plays re-orchestrated version of the Lunar Whale theme from the game.
- Rosa, Rydia, Edge minions (Digital FanFest/Mogstation)
- Palom Minion (Pre-order Bonus)
- Porom Minion (Collector's Edition Bonus)
- Palom and Porom have an interaction based on the hallway scene from FFIV
- The promotional Warrior of Light, who was a Dark Knight in Shadowbringers, has changed into a Paladin, just like Cecil Harvey.
- The Endwalker poster shows the promotional Warrior of Light in the same exact pose as Amano's Cecil artwork.
- This dungeon shares its name with Golbez's base of operations.
- Likewise, the dungeon music is a new version of the tower's theme in the game.
- The large mob, "Armored Fiend", is based on a monster with the same name in FFIV's Lunar Subterrane.
- The bosses "Minduruva," "Cinduruva," and "Sanduruva," also known as "The Magus Sisters," first appeared in FFIV's Tower of Zot, and their designs in FFXIV are heavily based on the original Amano artwork for FFIV's version. Their original names are "Mindy," "Cindy," and "Sandy."
- The animations when each sister casts spells are the same as in FFIV - a green burst for black magic, and a ring of white cubes for white magic.
- Turn up your sound effects! They also use the OG sounds!
- The fight uses similar mechanics to the FFIV fight - Cinduruva will revive Minduruva and Sanduruva if they are defeated first, they utilize reflect, and when all three are alive, will use Delta Attack.
Tower of Babil:
- "The Eblan Rime" area is named for the Kingdom of Eblan, Edward "Edge" Geraldine's home.
- The Level 90 S-Rank Mark "Armstrong" is the recolored version of the previously mentioned "Armored Fiend", specifically named for the FFIV: The After Years enemy.
- This dungeon shares its name with the tower in FFIV, and similarly shares a strong connection to the moon.
- The first boss, Barnabas, and the NPC with him, Dr. Lugae, are bosses within FFIV's Tower of Babil.
- Barnabas mistakenly attacks the Doctor before attacking the party.
- The second boss, Lugae, is the robotic/fiend version that shows up after defeating the Doctor.
- During the Lugae fight, Mini and Toad transformations are required - two of the three transformations prevalent in FFIV (I wish they would have included Piggy)
- The Watcher seems to be based on Fusoya, who is known as "The Watcher of the Lunar Sleep". Both live on the Moon and wear long starry robes.
- The giant face on the moon where the entrance to Smileton is a reference to the stone face on the moon in the original game. In the GBA/PSP versions, it is the entrance to the Lunar Ruins. In the 3D version, it is where you fight Proto-Babil.
- The Level 90 A-Rank Elite Mark "Mousse Princess" is based on "Flan Princess", which first appeared as a rare enemy in FFIV's Lunar Subterrane.
- The mob "Mousse" is based on the "White Mousse" enemies on the moon in FFIV: The After Years
- The mob "Dynamite" may be based on the "Balloon"/"Dark Grenade" monsters on the Moon in FFIV.
- Loporrits are based on Hummingways, the race of rabbits that live on the moon.
- In the 2D versions of FFIV, the character Namingway's role was to rename player characters. Because voice acting was added in the 3D version, he could no longer fulfill this role, and took on several other names throughout the game. Most of these names are taken by Loporrits: Mappingway, Livingway, Recordingway, Campingway, Puddingway, Mopingway
- Another, Going-my-Way, is involved in a Bestways Burrow sidequest.
- The landmark "Lovingway's Darlings" is also a Namingway alias.
- Later, in Old Sharlayan, two more of these names are used: Cheatingway and Jammingway.
- IF ANYONE FINDS HUMMINGWAY, or WEDDINGWAY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
- In FFIV, most Hummingways can't talk and instead hum a tune. The sound heard when talking to many Loporrits is that same tune. You can do the hum during the MSQ too!
- The Final Fantasy victory theme that plays when meeting Loporrits seems most similar to FFIV's instrumentation.
- The area music is the FFIV Town Theme (Welcome to Our Town)
- The battle music in the area is the FFIV main battle theme.
- The Lalafell engineer Kokkol is named for the blacksmith Kokkol.
- The "Kokkol's Forge" landmark is named for the location in FFIV's Underworld.
The Final Day (Trial):
- The Dragons near the first Aethryte appear to be Mist Dragons, the summon used by Rydia's Mother (and previous boss in XIV in the dungeon "The Burn")
- FFIV is full of characters sacrificing themselves to help move Cecil and his party forward - the Scions sacrifice themselves throughout this zone to move the WoL forward.
The Stigma Dreamscape:
- The trial's arena is a flight through space, very similar to the Zemus/Zeromus fight. Some attack sound effects are also similar.
- Halfway through the fight, the party seems defeated, and the prayers of friends saves the team and pushes them to fight the final phase. This happens during the final fight of FFIV as well.
- Meteion may be based on Maenad from FFIV: The After Years.
- Both are part of a hivemind of identical young girls
- Both are sent to other worlds by their creators
- Both struggle to understand humanity and appear throughout the world leaving destruction in their wakes (the big difference is that one struggles to feel, and the other feels too much).
- One last survivor of their kind is left and they return to the world with a new outlook and a new lease on life (Meteion as the bluebird and the young Maenad "Cuore", who is taken in by Rydia and Edge).
- The constant references to "4" may be a reference?
POST 6.0: Patch 6.1:
- "Moonward" gear (Level 90 tomestone gear) is based on FFIV characters.
- Fending is based on Cecil
- Scouting is based on Edge
- Aiming is based on Edward
- Casting is based on Rydia
- Since someone points this out every time - Healing is technically Rosa's color scheme, but it's still Rydia's outfit, and Maiming may be Dark Knight Cecil's or Kain's color scheme, but still Paladin's outfit. All of the sets are based on the four characters above, but only the four above are the correct color schemes for those characters.
Patch 6.2: The Fell Court of Troia (Dungeon)
- The "Knight in Black" scene is preceded by a bump that says "Meanwhile, elsewhere..." which is text used in FFIV whenever the game shows events not involving the party, usually Golbez.
- The Knight in Black is revealed to be Golbez in 6.2. His armor matches Amano's original art and "Somewhere In The World" plays throughout the scene. Golbez is also referred to as "Man in Black" in the game.
- He speaks with four unseen characters, referred to as "Throne of Earth/Fire/Wind/Water" - which are presumably the four Elemental Fiends, Scarmiglione, Rubicante, Barbariccia, and Cagnazzo.
- The "Throne of Earth" character speaks like Scarmiglione, with elongated S's.
The Fell Court of Troia (Area)
- Troia is the matriarchal kingdom in FFIV, inhabited mostly by women, that practices fairly strict neutrality/pacifism.
- The music that plays is a much slower, sadder version of the town's theme.
- The arena for the second boss fight is a throne room. It has eight fire cauldrons, and the ceiling has eight points - possibly referencing the 8 Epopts of Troia (the matriarchal rulers).
- The arena for the final boss is "The Garden of the Epopts"
- Scarmiglione is the final boss, with an appearance much closer to Amano's original artwork.
- He starts the fight by back-stabbing something. In FFIV, his second fight is a back-attack.
- He summons a horde of zombies. In FFIV, his first fight is with a horde of zombies.
- The FFIV Boss Battle theme, "Battle 2", has been re-orchestrated and plays throughout the fight.
- The FFIV battle transition sound effect in the trailer is taken directly from the original game.
- Golbez has officially been named! Scarmiglione refers to himself as one of Golbez's "Circle of Four"
- When Y'shtola gives the Dark-Robed Voidsent her name "Zero", the music that plays is a re-orchestrated and expanded "Sorrow and Loss" - the song that played during all sad scenes in FFIV. It is also known as Cry in Sorrow and Theme of Sorrow. It is a sad version of the Main Overworld Theme. (Will Zero be Zeromus?!)
- Scarmiglione returns for a second fight in a solo instance. In FFIV, you fight him twice.
- His call to his minions to: "Come, feassst upon their flesh!" is a reference to his line in the game: "My undead children hunger to feassst upon your flesh! "
- His line "You will tremble before my true ssstrength!" is a reference to his line in the game: "Impressssive...But my true ssstrength lies in death! And now, you shall join me in it! "
- Sorrow and Loss continues to play as the area theme.
- Common monster-types from FFIV appear in this area, including Mindflayer and Flan.
- Ciriatto is terrified of Barbariccia, the Archfiend of Wind. This is the first reference to her.
- Not specifically FFIV, but worth noting: Calcabrina, Scarmiglione, Cagnazzo, Barbariccia, Rubicante, Ciriatto, and Farfarello are all from Dante's Inferno. Farfarello is an enemy in FFV.
- Barbariccia appears. Her body is more covered than previous depictions.
Patch 6.3 Lapis Manalis:
- The theme in this area/trial is "Battle with the Four Fiends", which in FFIV plays when battling any of titular fiends. It is also known as "The Dreadful Fight."
- Barbariccia is the boss fight, and uses haiwind themed attacks. The tornadoes she summons are similar to her tornado attack in FFIV.
- Estinien's line before the fight "You're not the only one who can ride the wind!" is a line spoken by Kain to Barbariccia just before her boss fight in the 3D remake as well as Dissidia. The line was originally "Think you're the only one who can fight in the air?" in the SNES version and later versions of the game replaced it with "Let's see about that."
- The first "Dated Records" references the "Geraldines" as a thorn in the writer's side. Edward "Edge" Geraldine is the Ninja from Eblan, as mentioned earlier.
- The note also mentions that the Geraldines are trying to take their supplies. Edge can use the Steal ability.
- Cagnazzo is the boss fight, with an appearance somewhat closer to Amano's art, although he stands upright instead of on all fours.
- His giant wave attack after the DPS check is similar to his primary attack in FFIV.
Patch 6.4 The Aetherfont:
- This is the location in FFIV where Cecil fights Scarmiglione, thenovercomes his darkness and becomes a Paladin.
- In the remakes, there are bonus trials here for other characters.
- Zero's decision on Mount Ordeals to fight with the WoL and his friends and no longer require payment may be her version of "overcoming her darkness."
- Rubicante is the trial boss, and just like the others his appearance is very close to his original Amano artwork
- Rubicante's dialogue suggests that he respects you as a warrior, a character trait he also had in the original game.
- His "inferno" ability is one of his attacks in the game.
- An alternate, lyrical version of "Battle with the Four Fiends" plays during this fight. This appears to be based on the Kenichi Maeyamada (aka Hyadain) version. The lyrics have been changed, but the instrumentation is identical.
- The final boss is Octomammoth - the third boss in FFIV (second if you don't count the Captain), fought after rescuing Rydia and meeting Tellah.
- "Another Moon" - A eerier version of the song of the same name that plays on the surface of the moon in FFIV.
- This moon's surface is red, a reference to the Red Moon of FFIV (the game has two moons.)
- During the flashback sequence, Durante mentions visiting "his majesty in Baron" - Baron is the kingdom in FFIV that Cecil (and Rosa/Kain/Cid) are from, and the events in Baron are the catalyst for most of the story.
- Durante's appearance might be referencing how Golbez looks without his armor from FFTAY.
- Azdaja is turned into Shadow Dragon - Golbez's companion in FFIV.
- Golbez is the trial boss!
- "Voidcast Savior" - A remix of Battle with the Four Fiends, FFIV Main Theme, the Final Fantasy Prelude, and the Final Fantasy Prologue. (IT'S SO GOOD)
- The black sword he wields is a reference to the Ebony Blade - the weapon equipped by him in flashback scenes in The After Years (obtainable in the present by unequipping it in flashbacks.)
- Golbez's "Binding Cold" attack is what he uses to paralyze the party during their encounter with him in the Dwarven Castle.
- The attack "Black Fang" is an attack that Shadow Dragon uses in that same battle to kill off each party member one by one after Golbez uses Binding Cold.
- The elemental aspects of this fight as well as the poses Golbez takes are references to his role in Dissidia.
- Z E R O M U S HAS ARRIVED. He is the final boss and ultimate mastermind of the events of FFIV, shown here in his cloaked form. It seems we've skipped his Zemus form.
- The Golbez we fought is implied to be Durante in Golbez's armor, fighting in Golbez's honor. This supports the previous note that Durante's appearance may be based on the FFTAY Golbez's armor-less appearance.
submitted by CivilizedPsycho
to ffxiv [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 18:49 5pike_z Airline not approvong refund
So guy i booked a flight from Go-first airline from Ahemdabad to Delhi for 7th may. On 4th may i recieve a message that airline has cancelled flight due to operational reasons.
I applied for a refund request on that same day through make my trip. After a few days i recieve a call from airline for approving refund and i told them to do it.
A week passed and there was no news of refund Then i checked MMT app ,they were saying airline hasnt approved you refund request. So, i called the airline and asked for refund status they said they havent approved it due to heavy influx of refund requests and told me to wait. I asked for a deadline or a complain no. And they didnt gave me anything.
Its already been a month. What should i do ?
TL:DR - Airline says due to large no. of requests they havent approved my request. And refuses to give any other details
submitted by 5pike_z
to delhi [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 18:31 elbandolero19 Heatjerkers with the script
2023.05.29 18:21 TheOGFlemingo The sub is safe they leaked the script
2023.05.29 18:15 LealFamily8009 Miami HEAT have flight scheduled to Denver after tonight’s game
2023.05.29 18:14 a1mrbhelpuri Andy Slater on Twitter [The Heat have a flight scheduled to Denver, not Miami, after the game tonight, per FAA records.]
2023.05.29 18:00 HatsOnTheBeach [Slater] The Heat have a flight scheduled to Denver, not Miami, after the game tonight, per FAA records.
Per Andy Slater, sounds like the Heat are thinking they're walking out of game seven in Boston with a W.
The Heat have a flight scheduled to Denver, not Miami, after the game tonight, per FAA records. Source Here
submitted by HatsOnTheBeach
to nba [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:40 bhargavikashyap Traveling with my dog to India from US for short term
Hello hello! Seeking advice and experience from folks who’ve traveled to India with their dog(s) for short term. I will likely be staying over a month and unfortunately leaving him behind is not an a option behind. I’m considering either Turkish airline or Lufthansa. Has anyone traveled with them, what has been your experience? How stringent are they with weight/carrier limits?
My dog is about 19 lbs and I’m hoping to take him in-cabin. I’m not comfortable with him in cargo for such a long journey. His weight is only 1 lb over the limit of both the airlines, with his carrier it goes over by 4 lbs. I have used the large Sherpa Carrier for domestic travel and he has done well in those flights.
Appreciate any advice/feedback! Thank you!
submitted by bhargavikashyap
to dogs [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:02 dylanabroad Exit row seat selection cost
I am flying Europe Traveller on an Avios booking with Blue Exec status. I am considering taking the exit row as I’m 6’3” and the 29” pitch looks tight for the 2.5h flight.
Is there usually any discount if I select this seat at check in rather than in advance? Currently it is 59 CAD, would it be that price at check in as well? I understand Blue status will not be able to select those for free at the 24h mark. 2 weeks out 3/4 of the exit row seats are still available.
submitted by dylanabroad
to BritishAirways [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 16:15 International-Can440 Air Canada Operated Flight Booked on UA's website with Chase Card- Premier Gold Status. I need advice.
We're flying BCN-YYZ-DEN this summer. Flight was booked via UA's website using our Chase card. Tickets are basic economy. Only one person in the reservation has Premier Gold. The other 3 are flying in the same reservation but have no status (1 adult and 2 minors under 12). Flight had a 30 min schedule change and now we have a longer layover in YYZ. I contacted United about rescheduling my flight and I asked about the baggage policy. Chat went down so I couldn't do much so I figured I'd come to the experts! What would you suggest we do?
- Should we switch to a flight operated by UA, instead? UA states we'll have to pay for luggage despite having Premier Gold and Chase card.
- Should we keep our AC flight and do nothing?
- Something else? I understand we must take off/land from the same airports we booked originally. Just wondering if there are any advantages to switching to flight operated strictly by UA other than maybe a slightly shorter layover (such as free luggage, priority boarding, better seats...).
Thanks in advance for your help :)
submitted by International-Can440
to unitedairlines [link] [comments]